Here are ten reasons you won't get the job.
- You remind the hiring manager of an ex-boyfriend. It didn't end well.
- Your hair reminds the interviewer of Ben Affleck's in DareDevil. He hated Daredevil.
- You aren't able to multiply 54 by 54 in your head when asked by the interviewer.
- The hiring manager is 30 minutes late to the interview, has 15 minutes left, and gets frustrated that you don't give enough detail in your answers to his questions.
- You have one dog hair on the lapel of your jacket.
- The interviewer's breath smells like onions. And she thinks you didn't brush your teeth.
- Somebody sees your name on an interview agenda and recognizes your name from a previous company. He tells the hiring manager you were a dolt. Or, maybe, he was thinking of somebody else...
- Your resume is two pages. Nobody's resume should be two pages. Or is it three? I forget.
- You are on-time for your interview. But you aren't ten minutes early. Then you would show some real initiative.
- The manager has an upset stomach today. SOMEBODY MUST PAY!
Remember: Sometimes the hiring process simply doesn't make sense.
P.S. - This is just as frustrating for the Corporate Recruiter as it is for you.
Scott Singer is the President and Founder of Insider Career Strategies Resume Writing & Career Coaching, a firm dedicated to guiding job seekers and companies through the job search and hiring process. He is a Human Resources professional and staffing expert with almost two decades of in-house corporate HR and staffing firm experience, and is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC).
Insider Career Strategies provides resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and career coaching services, including a free resume review. You can email Scott Singer at email@example.com, or via the website, www.insidercs.com.