Here are ten reasons you're going to get the job!
- "My guy just quit today. Let's see if this uniform fits you."
- You're so tall! And that full head of hair is such a nice shade of silver!
- The boss sees on your resume that you were in the college bowling club. They really need a fourth for league night.
- You went to Northwestern. Their manager went to Northwestern.
- "Wait, you heard about this place? And you still want to work here?"
- You whitened your teeth yesterday with Borax. Your gums hurt, and your liver wants to escape, but your smile looks so good!
- "I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out."
- The manager hates her objectives. But she realizes she can get you to do them for her.
- The job's been open for eight months. GIVE ME A BODY!
- You have a degree. And an immaculate employment history. And a clean resume. And no dandruff. And you used a good deodorant.
Life may not be fair, but it sure as hell is interesting. Do the best you can do in terms of preparing for the interviews, and you'll do what you can to stack the odds in your favor.
Scott Singer is the President and Founder of Insider Career Strategies Resume Writing & Career Coaching, a firm dedicated to guiding job seekers and companies through the job search and hiring process. He is a Human Resources professional and staffing expert with almost two decades of in-house corporate HR and staffing firm experience, and is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC).
Insider Career Strategies provides resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and career coaching services, including a free resume review. You can email Scott Singer at email@example.com, or via the website, www.insidercs.com.